Key Tools, Processes, Practices
- Cross-functional Team tools – the core team toolkit – charter, 4P agenda, meeting minutes, decision log and parking lot – forms the basis for consistent team management and sets the expectation for mutual respect while making efficient progress.
- Strategic analysis – a comprehensive toolkit of business agnostic (Cost Modeling, Supply and Value Chain, Porter’s Five Forces, PESTLE, SWOT, STP, Risk & Vulnerability, and Project Planning) and commercially focused (Category Segmentation, Lean Portfolio, Customer Segmentation and Price Modeling) tools that enables rapid insight development on the key issues to be addressed.
- Change leadership – a focused toolkit to help align stakeholders on the key issues they are facing today and the options for progress they can choose moving forward.
- Strategic Category Improvement – structurally improving the performance of key spend categories over time.
- Complex Negotiations – ensuring the alignment of the negotiations plans and practices with the strategic needs of the category and ensuring both parties are the best possible and most desirable buyers and suppliers they can be.
- Supplier Value Realization – not just relationships – the focus is on delivering sustainable, measurable value through the supply base. Where applicable, joint teams / alliances are created and nurtured to fruition.
- Project Management – effective and efficient project management is a key requirement of every business. Our process is simple, effective, replicable and ensures the leaders know what must be done to build stakeholder acceptance (even pull!) for the end goals.
- Mutual respect – a cornerstone of our practices. Each business and spend category is in the ‘current state’ and can achieve a ‘better state’ – but only if all of the relevant parties work together in a collaborative, blame-free environment.
- Curiosity and inquisitiveness – most of the categories in the world are undergoing a period of rapid change as the rate of technological change accelerates. Curiosity and inquisitiveness – rather than fear and retreat – are keys to success in a rapidly changing environment.
- Competence building – every process and tool we teach and use is designed for practitioner self-sufficiency. We are committed to building client competence and are trained as executive coaches to help our clients learn, practice and master new skills.
Contact Us for a One Hour Consultation
Please send us your name & email address. We will contact you quickly. (Be assured, we respect your privacy and do NOT give your contact information to any outside source!)